Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Go Mizzou!

Though I'm not an MU alumnus, I do consider myself an honorary tiger.  It was my school of choice, the school I'd pictured myself attending, the school I still wish I'd gone to, the school I would have attended had it not been for the huge scholarship UMKC offered me.

Life is funny that way.  Because of the money I saved, I was able to purchase my first home right out of college.  I might never have dated and married Ryan, and we might never have had these 1 1/2 kids we love so much.  I would have taken the journalism route instead of creative writing, and might not have this awesome job I get to go to every day.

Do I regret not going to a big campus school?  Sure.  But I wouldn't trade where I am now for anything.

Fortunately, Ryan, Gavin and I got to show our MU pride and visit the homecoming parade this year.  It was the 100th anniversary of homecoming at Mizzou (where, by the way, homecoming was invented).  We had so much fun, and a little bit of that regret is now in the past.  And who knows...maybe there's a future tiger in our family.

No comments: