Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January Gavinisms

After I refilled his drink and brought it back to the table at dinner:
Ryan: "Gavin, what do you say?"
Gavin:  "What?  I didn't toot!"

Proudly displaying his new Toy Story themed underwear:
"Mommy--look at my big woody undies!"

Lyrics to Baa Baa Black Sheep:
Baa baa black sheep, have you any more?
Yes sir, yes sir, three bags four.
One for the master, one for my date
and one for the little boy who lives at the lake.


Wearing a large pair of headphones around the house while Daddy vacuumed:
"Don't worry, Mommy.  It's not too loud cuz I wearin' my ear muffins."

Pondering a school bus passing us on the highway:
Gavin:  "Where that school bus goin'?"
Me:  "Probably taking some kids to school.  When you get bigger, you can ride the bus to school, too."
Gavin:  "Why they goin' to school?"
Me:  "Well, that's where they go to learn."
Gavin:  "Yeah, when I get bigger, I gonna learn, too.  I not big enough to learn yet."

While talking about Baby Doc one day:
Me:  "Where is Baby Doc?"
Gavin:  "In your belly.  When I was a baby, I in your belly!  Then I got out."
Me:  "How do you think Baby Doc is going to get out?"
Gavin:  "He gonna dig a hole...and dig and dig and dig.  Then he come out!"

Mimicking the singer during "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" who shouts, "Play ball!"
Gavin:  "Corndog!"

During bedtime routine one night:
Gavin:  "I love you Mommy.  You my best friend."
Me:  "Thank you, sweetie.  I love you, too."
Gavin (before I could finish):  "And Daddy my best friend, and lovie my best friend, and monkey my best friend.  I got lots of friends."

No comments: