Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Breakthrough

I heard once that your first child makes you a mother and your subsequent children make you an expert. Well...that might just be true. Or at least that the mother's intuition thing is even keener the second time around.

For a week now, I've been saying I think Bennett is cutting his first tooth. He's been sleeping like crap, but still his usual happy self so I figured the odds were 50/50. I kept feeling his gums, probing for swelling and keeping my eye out for redness, but...nothing.

Until tonight. Sure enough, I felt the sharp, bumpy little ridges of his first tooth popping through. Congratulations, buddy. Now how about a little sleep before the next one makes its grand appearance?

"Screw this pureed crap. I'm ready for steak!"
 

No comments: