Tuesday, October 30, 2012

October Gavinisms

During prayers one night:
Gavin, singing: "Thank you for my eyes, thank you for my toes, thank you for the garden, thank you for my head, thank you for my stinky feet, thank you for Target...I think that made God laugh."

Stalling before bed:
Me: "It's time to go to sleep.  No more talking."
Gavin:  "I love you, Mommy."
Me: "I love you, too, Buddy.  Now be quiet."
Gavin:  "I love you so much I'm gonna tell you twice."

After discussing all he'd done in a day:
Gavin, swiping his forehead: "My brain is worned out."

Thinking about Halloween:
Gavin: "Mommy, what are you going to be for Halloween?"
Me: "A Mommy."
Gavin, with arms out in front of him: "Mmmmmm..."
Me: "Not a mummy, buddy.  I'm just going to be a Mommy."
Gavin:  "Oh."

At bedtime one night:
Gavin: "Let's tell funny jokes."
Me: "Okay. You go first."
Gavin, giggling: "Ummmm....Poopyhead."
Me: "Sweetie, that's not a joke."
Gavin: "But it's funny."

Commenting on the static screen on the TV when we turned off the DVD player:
Gavin: "What's all this crap on the screen?"


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Juniper sang this last night: Jesus wuvs me, this I know. For the Bible sells me so.

Love these kids. Keep the Gavinisms coming.