Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Happy Birthday, Little Blog!

One year ago, I wrote this post and started my blog.

Looking back, I think I've done pretty damn well with my own set of rules (see how I threw the cussing in there?)...except for posting poems.  I'm still writing them, though not as often as I'd like.  I've got a lot of poem "starts" and images in the little notebook I keep in my purse, but that's the easy part.  It's actually percolating on them and brewing them into an entire poem that's difficult.

This year, I will strive to write and post more poetry.  How's that for a vague promise?  It'll be much easier than the "once a month" rule I held myself to before.  Because, hello!  I have TWO children now.

A lot has changed in the past year...and the whole bringing life into the world thing was the biggest.  It's also why I'm so happy I indulged my craving to blog.  I've got a catalog of my family's life for me to look back on and for my boys to see when they're older.  And that's something to be proud of.

Now go have a piece of cake to celebrate my little blog's first birthday.




No comments: