Thursday, March 15, 2012

Date Day

Occasionally, Gavin and I go on “dates.”  It’s usually something small.  Dinner out, a movie, sometimes it’s as simple as going to the grocery store just the two of us.  Whatever our outing, Gavin knows Daddy is not allowed (and is sure to tell him if he shows any interest in tagging along).

The closer I get to the end of this pregnancy, the more I realize my one-on-one time with Gavin is dwindling.  I’m still going to try to make the extra effort to spend time just him and me once Baby Doc arrives, but I’ve never mothered two kids before, and I have no idea what things will be like, or how much time there really will be that’s just “us.”

When I saw the weather this week was predicted to be more balmy and summer-like than end-of-winter-like, I cashed in a PTO day and declared yesterday “Date Day.” 

We watched cartoons, got creative at Paradise Park, played outside in the sun, got messy, snuggled, napped, ate ice cream, people-watched, and just had a generally fabulous day. 

Even with a few to-dos still not complete, I’m so glad I took the time to stop, relax and be silly with my favorite little three-year-old.  I wouldn’t trade that extra time with him yesterday for anything.
Snuggling and watching morning cartoons.

"I have a beard like Daddy!" Face-painting at Paradise Park.

"Mommy, I want take your picture.  You make silly face."

Brrr!  That ice cream is cold!

Pretty much the best date ever.  

No comments: