Saturday, May 12, 2012

Twinkies

When Bennett was born, my first thought was, "He looks just like Gavin...but with dark hair!"  Over the course of the last six (almost seven!) weeks, I've found myself wondering how I gave birth to the same child twice.

Case in point:
Gavin immediately after birth.

Bennett immediately after birth.

Gavin at three weeks old.
Bennett at three weeks old.
Gavin's first bath.

Bennett's first bath.
There are so, SO many similarities between my boys, but slowly, Bennett is starting to look like himself, and I'm noticing little details that are uniquely him.  His hair, of course, with its dark color and slight wave, the sweet little ridge in his nose, and his hairy little monkey ears.

I can't wait to see his personality start to come out and get to know him for who he is.  Because as much as I love that my boys look alike, I can't wait to discover their differences.

No comments: