Thursday, February 28, 2013

Lenten Challenge, Day 16: Earthly

Today is my 9th wedding anniversary. Nine years. That's almost a whole decade!
I look back now and can't believe how young we were when we got married. Only 22, but so in love. So excited to start the rest of our lives...together.

The same is true today. Still so in love, still excited for what our future holds...we're just a little further down the road, a little busier, a little wiser, with a lot more responsibility. For all of those nine years, this magnet has been on our fridge:
We got it as a wedding gift, and at the time, I found it pretty cheesy. Oh, who am I kidding...it's still cheesy. But under all that cheese is a nice message that reminds us that love is not earthly.

And I don't want it to be. I want our love to be grounded in a shared faith, not in things of this world. I want our love to be bigger than us, because on the days when things are hard, that's what gets you through.

Thanks for putting up with my earthly flaws, hun. I'm glad our love is bigger than the one or two I've got (wink, wink). Happy anniversary. I love you so much.

No comments: