Friday, February 15, 2013

Lenten Challenge, Day 3: See

Today's word has me wondering if I really see the people I see every day. I live with them, I work with them, I share meals and jokes and time with them, but do I really see them?

Who they are.
What they struggle with.
What they love.
What's hurting them.

Some days, with some people, the answer is, "Well, yes. Of course, YES." But most days, with a lot of people, the answer is a ridiculously pathetic, "No."

"No," because I'm wrapped up in my own stuff. The being a mom to two little people, full-time job, dinner on the table kind of excuses that are easy to conjure up when faced with the question.

But what about the blogging, twittering, facebooking, TV-watching, pinterest-ing time that's eating into my margin for important stuff? Important stuff like making sure the people I love most know it. Important stuff like giving a little grace to the people I don't love the most.

What if I start trying to see people the way God sees them instead of just the shadow of the person I see now? It's hard...but certainly a good place to start.


No comments: