Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Lenten Challenge, Day 21: Night

Oh, nighttime. I've seen a lot of you in the last year. More than I've wanted to, frankly. Such is the life of a new parent, right? What parent out there hasn't heard, "So...you getting much sleep?" in the weeks (or months) that follow the birth of a child?
As much as I'm happy those middle-of-the-night wake-up calls are slowly subsiding, I'll miss them just a little bit, too, because it's in those moments that I soak my babies in the most. When all the world is asleep, and the sound of their soft, sleepy sighs seem loud in comparison to the quiet that surrounds you. The way their warm little bodies melt into your arms because they know they're safe there. It's intoxicating.

It's a light in the dark of night.

There is always light in the darkness. There is always something good to see.

You just have to look for it.


No comments: