Saturday, March 23, 2013

Lenten Challenge, Day 39: Restore

Restore.

To begin again, to start fresh, to mend what's been broken.

Today's word immediately reminded me of a Facebook post I saw recently titled, "24 Photos That Will Restore Your Faith in Humanity." It included this image:
How have things gotten so broken? Why are the messages people hear from the church ones of hate instead of love like this one above? Why is there a need for restoration at all? Aren't Christians supposed to be the ones spreading love like wildfire? Not breaking people down for the sake of imposing their own agendas and insecurities?

It makes me sad. It makes me angry. It makes me realize that one of the biggest restorations that needs to be happening in this world is within the church itself.

Love wins, people. Can't we all just focus on that?

Rant done.

No comments: