Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Lenten Challenge, Day 35: Dream

My boys,
This funny thing happened when I gave birth to you two. My dreams suddenly morphed into dreams for you, for your futures, for your happiness. I want so badly for you both to grow up to be great men. I dream...

...you'll be the kids who stick up for the ones being bullied at school, no matter what that might mean to your social standing

...you'll grow up to be loving, respectful, gracious, and kind

...you'll be unnerved by the very thought of injustice, and that you'll strive to do something about it

...you'll find something you love to do so much that it doesn't feel like a job

...you'll find someone to love so much that it never even occurs to you to give up when things are hard

...you'll laugh every day, especially at yourselves when you need to

...you'll put others first

...you'll learn what is feels like to love children of your own

...you'll feel loved and appreciated for who you are

....you'll come to know God, and that even when your faith is shaken, you'll still hold on tight

I love you more,
Momma

No comments: