Friday, March 15, 2013

Lenten Challenge, Day 31: Temper

How ironic is it that today's word is "temper," and mine flared this morning when I pulled into the parking garage at work and saw this:
Really? Your car is so precious that it needs TWO parking spots?
I lose my temper over silly things like this occasionally, but most of the time, I can reign it in before I do anything rash, like scribbling a note to let this person know what a yahoo they are. Oh...I wanted to, but I stopped myself because what good would it do? What could be gained?

Nothing. Because it doesn't really matter.

But there are things in this world that do matter enough that we should be livid. Things where good can be gained when our tempers boil. The big things we all hear about like children starving to death in Ethiopia, bullying, and mass shootings. And smaller things, like selfishness and greed. Can you imagine what might happen if we all got pissed enough to do something? If the fire coming out of everyone's ears lit a blaze for change?

What's stopping us?

1 comment:

Lenexicon said...

Oh thank goodness that's not my car. For a second there, it looked like mine! Whew!