Friday, March 22, 2013

Lenten Challenge, Day 38: Alone

Being alone is probably the thing I miss most since becoming a parent. Parents of little ones...you know what I mean, right? Most of the time, we can't even get bathroom time alone, can we? Not unless we lock the door, and even then, there are sure to be some knocks and questions and maybe even pudgy little hands under the door trying to pry it open.

When I took the Myers-Briggs test at work, it labeled me extroverted, but just barely. I actually had more tendencies on the introvert side. It doesn't mean I don't like to be around people, it just means that I gain most of my energy from being alone.

I crave time alone. It's how I recharge. It's where I'm most creative. It's important to my sanity.

But there's a delicate balance that's required between time alone and time spent with others. Because I need that, too. It's also important to my sanity. Because we're not meant to go through this life all alone.

We're meant to be in relationship with one another.

We're meant to be a community.
My Monday night "Fondue Crew" gals. They're goofy, but a great community.

No comments: